Sometimes, our own words and thoughts aren't enough to keep us motivated, especially in the tough times. All dreamers will go through this; it's inevitable. Life is full of setbacks, and you shouldn't hide yourself from that reality.
The truth can be a tragic slap in the face, but it can also illuminate you in an infinite number of ways. Being able to accept the truthfulness of the harsh reality of life allows you to know what you're truly up against on your journey to achieve your dreams.
If you became a member of this blog to read lavish writings on how perfect a dreamer's life is, then this is not for you, because life isn't like that.
My aim is to illuminate you through the reality of life, and unfortunately it can be pretty discouraging sometimes. But YOU have the power to plow through it, and win. I know you do. It's in your blood. All types of adversity in life are inevitable, but they are ALWAYS TEMPORARY. There is always light at the end of the tunnel.
That's why I'd rather give you this priceless truth instead of spoon feed you a bunch of lies.
I care about you, and I want you to succeed.
So would you rather remain delusional, not work as hard as you should, slack off, then realize it was too late? Or would you rather accept where you are right now, however tough it may be, plan ahead, and strive for your greatest endeavors through every action you make on this planet? I don't know about you, but I'm choosing the latter.
So here are 10 quotes I've chosen that have helped me succeed against every adversity (They work pretty well, to be honest).
1. "Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion," - Rumi
2. "Hardship often prepares an ordinary person for an extraordinary destiny," - C.S. Lewis
3. "There is no success without hardship," - Sophocles
4. "When it is dark enough you can see the stars," - Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. "Things that were hard to bear are sweet to remember," - Seneca
6. "Throw me to the wolves, and I will return leading the pack," - Seneca
7. "No man is more unhappy than he who never faces adversity. For he is not permitted to prove himself," - Seneca
8. "What we do now echoes in eternity," - Marcus Aurelius
9. "The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way," - Marcus Aurelius
10. "Out of adversity comes opportunity," - Benjamin Franklin
Pain is temporary, but the fruits of your labor are forever. I believe in you. Keep pushing. Whatever you do, never give up. When it seems like all hope is lost, stay at it, because a breakthrough is right around the corner.