The outcome. For most of us, including myself, we feel that the more we think and stress on the outcome, the more likely we are able to achieve whatever we desire.
But to be honest, we can't control the outcome of any situation. The outcomes of our dreams, aspirations, and goals as a whole are not controllable.
What is in our control though, is our behavior.
Our behavior each minute and hour of every day will slowly dictate how our lives will unfold.
Staying focused on that daily process and keeping our behaviors aligned with the sort of people we want to become in order to achieve our dreams is the only thing we can control. It is the only thing we are capable of doing that will give a more favorable outcome.
As always, gathering information and insight from others who have been through these processes is a great way to understand the value and importance of the issue.
Through a few quotes, we can briefly dive into the individual's life and have a summary on how they stayed focused on the process at hand, and how we can incorporate their advice into our busy lives.
I've chosen 10 quotes which give a great deal of insight into the benefits and understanding of being process-oriented, rather than outcome-oriented.
1. The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction not a destination. - Carl Rogers
2. Culture is the process by which a person becomes all that they were created capable of being. - Thomas Carlyle
3. Your life is the sum result of all the choices you make, both consciously and unconsciously. If you can control the process of choosing, you can take control of all aspects of your life. You can find the freedom that comes from being in charge of yourself. - Robert Foster Bennett
4. I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process. Vincent Van Gogh
5. God lets everything happen for a reason. It's all a learning process, and you have to go from one level to another. - Mike Tyson
6. Success is a process, a quality of mind and way of being, an outgoing affirmation of life. - Alex Noble
7. I don't believe in failure. It is not failure if you enjoyed the process. - Oprah Winfrey
8. The important thing is to learn a lesson every time you lose. Life is a learning process and you have to try to learn what's best for you. - John McEnroe
9. Excellence is a continuous process and not an accident. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
10. In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility. - Eleanor Roosevelt